Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 3: Glow in the dark Ghosts Cupcakes!

I just about died when I saw this recipe and I bet you know why! Did you ever think you could get a cupcake to glow?! I remember when I showed this to my husband he thought I was crazy and there's no way glowing food could be good for you! ;)



The secret is "Tonic Water". The quinine in it is what causes it to glow! They sell it at any grocery store and it looks like sprite!

At first I thought this would just glow in the dark.. but unfortunately, you do need a black light to get it to glow! (regular white frosting doesn't glow in black lights FYI!)
Another good tip to know is it doesn't work if you color the frosting. It only works with white!

INGREDIENTS
- 7 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1 Teaspoon CLEAR vanilla extract
- 5 Tablespoons Tonic Water
- Chocolate Chips


INSTRUCTIONS
Bake desired cupcakes and allow to cool. Begin frosting by adding powdered sugar, shortening, vanilla extract and 3 tablespoons of tonic water into a large bowl. Beat on a low speed. Add remaining two tablespoons of tonic water. If needed, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time to bring frosting to piping consistency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment