Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Perfectly Polished!

I get asked all the time if I wear shellac and no one ever believes me when I say its just polish! So here's a few tips to get the perfectly polished nails!





1. Start out with a base coat. I don't have a preference on a certain brand so use any one that you like!


2. When it comes to putting on your colored polish, I always paint them in the 3 steps I learned in nail school. (The polishes I have found that have the most coverage are OPI and Finger Paints!)



1.First stroke down the center



2. Second stroke down the right side



3. Third stroke down the left side.


 Once you've polished all 10 nails, go back and repeat this process. (You don't need to wait until they're dry to paint a second coat.)


This next step is the most important step when it comes to both the drying time and getting that shiny look!

Paint one coat of "Out The Door" top coat! This is the topcoat I recommend. It literally is almost dried by the time you're done painting your last nail!
(Its sold at Sallys for $4!)


Finished look!

No comments:

Post a Comment