Saturday, November 10, 2012

Polar Express Hot Chocolate

First of all, isn't this mug about the cutest thing ever?! My mom scored these for 25 cents a piece on clearance after Christmas a few years ago. The best part, when you tip the mug to drink out of it a magical sound of a train comes from it! And then when you're finished, the bottom says "Believe"-So cute!!



Every time we have guests over I make my "Polar Express" hot chocolate and with out fail I'm asked for the recipe! Now i'm not bragging, this took me years of working in a coffee shop and years of trial and error but I think I finally perfected this recipe! I call it the Polar Express hot chocolate because when I watch that movie I think that hot chocolate looks so delicious. This to me is what that would taste like ;)

 I have a cute little hot chocolate maker at my house and on cold days like today, its on all day long!! I usually make a few cups, turn it on and it keeps the hot chocolate hot and fresh all day! If you're a fan of hot chocolate i'd suggest you invest in one of these. They're only around $30.00 and its worth every penny! Go (here) to check them out! I've seen these everywhere from grocery stores to Bed, Bath & Beyond.

This recipe makes a little over 2 cups!
1 cup water
5 heaping spoonfuls of your favorite hot chocolate mix (mine is Stephens!)
1/4 cup whipping cream (the actual cream-not whipped in a can!)
1/3 cup Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
Whip cream on top!

If you have a hot chocolate maker, put all your ingredients in and turn it on. It shuts off by itself when its finished! If you're doing this on a stove, stir on medium heat until desired temperature and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment